Background HTML

Welcome

Welcome

Saturday, August 14, 2010

EnD oF SuMmEr ShOoT...

So, my husband bought me some lighting equipment months ago, but I was too afraid to use it. Lighting has always been intimidating to me, because how do you control something as enormous as the sun or flashes that aren't even connected to your camera?! Well, you just have to jump in and give it a try! That's what my End Of Summer Shoot was all about...trying out my lighting!

I am the type of person who loves perfecting new techniques and figuring out how things work, BUT...I don't like the learning process of it all! I get frustrated at myself for not knowing it all right away. But this week, I was ready for the challenge. I took a small break from pictures and started researching and reading all about my lighting. Can they make those manuals a little more boring, by the way!?

Anyway, it all paid off because I didn't have to waste time figuring out how to it all worked during the shoot... other than when I had to change out batteries TWICE because that thing is an energy hog! I will definitely be finding a new power source for it in the future! I went through 12 AA batteries in 2 hours! Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

After I rounded up a bunch of girls, I took them to the BeAcH!! It was so much fun, and I learned SO much! Sorry to those of you who couldn't make it! Maybe next time! :) If it's any consolation, I'm still finding bug bites!!!

Here are the shots I got from Friday night... Hope you like!




My twin sister came to assist me, and I threw a camera at her. These are the shots she got using natural light and a few other helpful tools ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment